Jul 22, 2014

Let's Do This! Heart Transplant!


It has been so long since I posted a blog post.  Life has been a whirlwind over the last few months.  I guess the most life-changing news that I received is that it is finally time to discuss more life-saving options related to my congestive heart failure. My cardiologist presented two options to me and my family.  The option to receive a left ventricle assist device known as a LVAD or a heart transplant.

What?!?  Who me?  For real!  This is all too much for a thirty-four year old, mom, wife, sister, friend.  Those are the thoughts that originally went through my mind.  I felt very overwhelmed with this information and experienced all sorts of emotions.  I have felt sad, angry, anxious, confused, and excited.  I didn't know what to do or how I was going to handle this critical decision in my life.  However, all of my family, friends, health care team, and co-workers immediately stepped up to the plate to support me.  My husband reminded me the first thing we needed to do was pray over this decision because at the end of the day God would lead us to the right decision.  Over the last month or so we have attended education classes, looked up information and talked this decision over with several important people in our lives.  And, we have decided to move forward with the heart transplant.  That's right folks, I am getting a new heart.  I was officially placed on the list July 21, 2014.  I am still very nervous, but prayerful that everything will work out fine.

My Aunt has shared several scriptures with me that have helped my mental state so much.  I try my best to meditate on them daily.  I have several favorite scriptures but the one that has catered to my heart recently is:

Philippians 4:6-7  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I have so much to share about this journey I am on so stay tuned, and please pray for me and my family daily!


Below is a website that will help my family with my medical expenses and after care.  If your heart leads you to make a donation just know that I appreciate it.  If not, just please pray for me daily!

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/xt15/have-a-heart


With Every Beat Love,




1 comment:

  1. Proverbs 4:20-22
    My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.

    ReplyDelete