Mar 23, 2014

Medication Dedication

I struggle with medication dedication! To put it plain and simple...side effects suck!  The headaches, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, grogginess, drowsiness, and other side effects are just frustrating to deal with everyday.

 photo 35c55587-7e8e-467d-be4c-bacab3c525f4_zps494aaa26.jpg


I love me.  I have a desire to live a long life. I understand I have a family and kids. And, I am NOT trying to harm myself or make my health situation any worse. These are just a few responses I give folks when I am questioned about my struggle. Sometimes, I feel like people are judging me for struggling with what may seem like an easy task to them. It's not an easy task for me! I know this could be a result of my own insecurities and people really aren't judging, however, this bothers me. The side effects that come along with consuming certain medications can hinder me from completing my daily task and make me feel inadequate. I am a wife, mother, student, and have a full-time career.  The responsibilities that come along with each of these roles just don't go on pause.  And, when you place side effects on top of the symptoms that accompany congestive heart failure it can become overwhelming and daily duties can become harder to complete.  I have never wanted to be limited, labeled, or held back in life because of my health condition.  I am such an ambitious and goal oriented person.  Hence, my struggle.

I know this struggle is something that I must conquer and not let it conquer me.  I have to try start being dedicated - bottom line. I have been praying that God gives me the strength and courage to overcome my struggle with medication dedication. My prayers are being answered daily. And, over the last month I've been committed to this challenge in my life. It has not been easy, but I will continue to conquer medication dedication.

Pray for me.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Until Next Time...

With Every Beat - Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment